Friday 17 April 2009

Afghan Crisis

I am on vacation. One of my best ever vacations. Why would I interrupt this bliss to blog ....

Well for one news channels in Canada do not restrict themselves to American Idol and Obama's dog. Though I am sad to say that I did see some news reports about the presidential dog even in Canada. 

I am blogging to express/ register my shock at what is going on in Afghanistan....
Afghan Women Go Public. It is a strange society in which men can express their support to what is effectively a rape law without feeling shame. 
300 brave women turned up to protest against all odds. The number is despite the killing of Woman Activist by taliban and the public transport services boycotting these women.

I do not have anything to add. My thoughts are with these women.


No comments:

A Woman Second

I have tried for a long time not to write this post. Mostly it was because I had very strong feelings on the subject and was not sure I wan...