Pages

Tuesday, 21 April 2009

If the shoe fits

The Slipper Gate is rocking India now. My response to this strange form of protest is very mixed. On the one hand I like Chidambram and throwing your Reeboks at the man who is not the accused seems rather mean spirited to me. On the other hand when a violent man like Modi cowers behind nets while giving speeches, I feel gleeful. Throw shoes at Advani, who every rational person disagrees with and I am not pleased (the heart knows what it wants but the mind does not understand it) but deny Jagdish Tytler a ticket because of shoe throwing and I am happy again.


I think the day is not far off when

- Attending rallies is a reason to buy shoes
- Political parties train the party members to dodge shoes
- Political parties train party members to throw shoes
- Parties condemn throwing reeboks as unindian and insist that protesters use Bata chapals.
- Throw away chapals with party symbols are handed out instead of election pamphlets/ posters.

Recipe - Orzo Stuffed Bell Peppers
Orzo is a great pasta especially for us rice eaters. I discovered this recipe while looking for ways to make orzo. I am not a fan of olives in my pasta. I mixed the orzo with sweet corn, chopped garlic, chopped red and green bell pepper, chopped onion and used a lot of dried basil. Also leave out feta and bake after topping with a cheese that melts ( mozarella, pepper jack).

2 comments:

Phoenixritu said...

LOL Great minds do think alike The connect in ether

stringOfPearls said...

:).. Loved your take though. Going to leave a link here.
http://www.phoenixritu.com/2009/04/11/shoes-citizen-weaponry/

Thanks again for commenting